How to Protect Yourself and HOA from the Neighborhood Sociopath
An HOAleader.com Webinar for Condo and HOA Boards
Thursday, February 15, 2024
2-3 p.m. Eastern
There seems to be no easing of the tension and aggression at condos and HOAs, and some of it has even tragically resulted in violence. And even if they’re not outwardly violent, the owners and residents who show contempt for and consistently disregard your HOA’s rules can make your life miserable.
One in 25 people is a sociopath, or a person who regularly exhibits asocial or antisocial behavior. Sociopaths look like your everyday neighbors, but they can be scary and intimidating—and they can turn your HOA into a battleground.
Join us for an insightful webinar on February 15 on how to wisely and safely handle the most difficult owners and residents you’ll ever face, led by two community association experts with decades of hands-on experience in advising associations.
- The basics about sociopaths and persons with antisocial personality disorder and why their behavior is particularly destructive in a community association
- Common types of sociopaths, along with what motivates them
- The sociopaths you may encounter as a board member based on real-life examples, such as an owner who’s a member a sovereign citizens movement and doesn’t recognize any authority, including your HOA
- Tips to help you tackle the difficult task of identifying sociopaths, whether they’re owners or fellow board members
- Practical information to help you respond constructively to the actions of sociopaths you can’t ignore, including things you should be especially concerned about in dealing with sociopaths
- Information you can use to protect yourself and your HOA
- And much more!
In just 60 minutes, you’ll hear valuable information you can use now to be smarter when it comes to lessening the damage caused by the most difficult owners, residents, and board members. Register now for this informative event for community association board members.