Enforcement of Your HOA’s Rules: How to Create Enforceable Rules, Effective Fines, and a Fair Violation Process
An HOAleader.com Webinar for Condo and HOA Boards
Thursday, October 12, 2023
2-3 p.m. Eastern
Enforcing your condo or HOA’s rules doesn’t have to be a pitched, tense, and unpleasant battle between your board and your homeowners. With some smart planning, you can make enforcing your HOA’s rules quicker, easier, and less stressful.
Join us for an in-depth webinar on October 12 led by two community association experts who have decades of hands-on experience in advising associations on how to create and enforce rules and insights on the day-to-day operations of rules enforcement. You’ll get up-to-date practical ideas, systems, and processes you can begin to take advantage of at your association the minute the webinar ends.
- The role of the lowly rule in HOAs, being less powerful than a CC&R or a bylaw, but easier to implement than provisions in those weightier documents
- How to determine the steps you need to follow to create enforceable rules
- Tips for identifying what you can handle with a rule and what you should never try to accomplish through a rule
- How fines fit into rulemaking, including how to set an effective fine amount and how to know when you’ve gone too far with a fine
- The steps you need to take to create an effective violation system — from notice of a violation to providing a meaningful right for owners to state their defense at a fair hearing
- Insights into rules you’ll never be able to enforce and fines that’ll fall short of their goal to curb repeated violations
- Suggestions to help you avoid the most common mistakes boards make creating and enforcing their rules
- And much more!
In just 60 minutes, you’ll gain practical, valuable tools you can use right away to make your rules more enforceable and your violation process more fair. Register now for this informative event for community association board members.