Are you tired of seeing delinquent accounts on the financial statements of your condo or HOA?
Is your HOA board frustrated because subpar finances mean long-planned projects are on hold indefinitely? Less than thrilled about continually explaining the situation to the homeowners in your association?
Stop letting nonpaying owners control your condo or homeowners association!
Join us for an in-depth webinar on February 6 led by two HOA debt-collection experts—a Florida lawyer who’s represented community associations for more than 15 years and a 25-year veteran in association management knowledgeable about laws and practices in many Western states.
You’ll get up-to-date on the latest trends in association debt collection and walk away with real-life tactics you and your fellow board members can implement immediately to make collecting unpaid fees easier and less expensive for your association.
- The status of community association debt collection practices today and the challenges that still remain for associations
- What to do when lenders foreclose and then don’t pay dues
- How and when to use a foreclosure-to-rent strategy to preempt slow-moving lenders
- Recent court cases that could dramatically affect how condos and HOAs pursue debt collection in the future
- Why it’s critical to frequently review and revise your HOA’s collections policies and procedures
- Key components of debt collection policies and procedures, including important language boards often forget to add, and new provisions boards have added in recent years that could strengthen your collections
- Repayment plans to consider when working with delinquent owners—and must-have provisions for repayment agreements to protect your HOA
- The most important factors to consider when deciding whether to file a lien and eventually foreclose on a delinquent owner’s property … and the most common mistakes boards make in that decision-making process
- Ways to spend less while collecting more
- And much more!
In just 60 minutes, you’ll gain practical, useful tools you can immediately use to tackle one of the most difficult issues condos and HOAs face today. Register now for this informative event for community association board members.
Collect More, and Collect It More Easily:
Best Practices for Condo/HOA Debt Collection
An HOAleader.com Webinar for Condo and HOA Boards
Thursday, February 6, 2014
2-3 p.m. Eastern
About Your Speakers
Attorney Jed Frankel represents numerous community association clients before administrative, trial court, and appellate panels across the state of Florida. He is board certified in civil trial law by The Florida Bar and “AV” rated by his peers. Frankel graduated from Emory College in 1990 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree summa cum laude and received his Juris Doctor with honors from the University of Florida College of Law in 1993. He was recently recognized as one of the “Top Lawyers” in real estate/community association law by the 2013 South Florida Legal Guide.
Duane McPherson is president of the Western Region and Dallas/Ft. Worth divisions of RealManage, a property management firm that specializes in the management of hundreds of community homeowner associations throughout the United States. With over 25 years of experience, McPherson has been certified by the Community Association Institute as a Professional Community Association Manager (PCAM®), which is the highest professional certification available nationwide to managers who have advanced skills, knowledge and experience.
How Do Webinars Work?
A webinar is remarkably cost-effective and convenient. You participate from your home or office, using a regular telephone and a computer with an Internet connection. You have no travel costs, hassle, or commute time.
Plus, for one low price, you can get as many people on your condo or HOA board to participate as you can fit around a speakerphone and a computer screen.
Because the conference is live, you can ask the speakers questions – either on the phone or via the webinar interface.
You will receive access instructions via e-mail several days before the event. You don’t need any additional materials before the webinar starts. Your conference materials will be available for you to view, print, and download when you log in to participate in the event.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied after attending an HOAleader.com event, let us know within 30 days, and we will refund 100% of your registration fee—no questions asked.